SAP For New Build - Conversion - Extension
SAP known as Standard Assessment Procedure is a methodology inducted by the Government in order to assess and compare the energy and environmental performance of new built buildings to make sure that new development will not just full fill the Building Regulations* criteria but also all energy and environmental policy initiatives (CO2 targets)
* Building Regulations are:
• Part L (England and Wales)
• Section 6 (Scotland)
• Part F (Northern Ireland)
There are two types of Sap calculations for New Build dwellings.
• As Designed: At the beginning of the project before planning is submitted and building regulation application, as overall energy performance of a building is heavily dictated by structural elements of the construction.
• As Built: Once the project is near the completion or already completed. As Built SAP Calculations are required in order to get Building Control Sign Off.
If it’s a conversion project Building control normally requires, “As Built” SAP Calculations for a sign-Off.
If glazing is more than 25 % of the total floor area of an extension then Building control might ask for SAP Calculations which demonstrates the compliance as per Building Regulations PART L1B Document.
According to Building Regulation Part L (England and Wales), you will require SAP calculations if any one of below applies to your project:
• Building any new build residential dwellings (Houses / Flats)
• Dividing a single residential dwelling in to more units
• Converting commercial premises into residential dwellings
• Building an extension onto a existing residential dwelling, where glazing area is in excess of 25 % of all the floor area of extension
• It determines a SAP Rating (fuel costs of the building)
• It demonstrates compliance with Part L of the building regulations.
• It is used to produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
One of our fully accredited and qualified SAP Assessor will review your plans and specifications for your project in order to produce a design stage SAP , After that they will recommend improvements to meet local energy efficiency requirements and building fabric requirements (England Only).
Once the project is completed then we will finalised the details in order to produce Ad Built SAP that can be used to produce the SAP EPC, Energy Performance Certificate.
We offer our services and expertise, and are always happy to help our customers to give them a best possible chance of achieving building compliance.
Here at EPC Certificates UK, we do offer express service for SAP calculations and Energy Performance Certificates, which means you will get your required service within 24 hours.