Building Standards require SAP Calculations before starting any construction work on new build dwellings, extensions, conversions in order to meet PART L of Building Regulations (England & Wales)
SAP known as Standard Assessment Procedure is a methodology inducted by the Government in order to assess and compare the energy and environmental performance of new built buildings to make sure that new development will not just full fill the Building Regulations* criteria but also all energy and environmental policy initiatives (CO2 targets)
* Building Regulations are:
• Part L (England and Wales)
• Section 6 (Scotland)
• Part F (Northern Ireland)
It is advised that SAP calculations done at the beginning of the project before planning is submitted and building regulation application, as overall energy performance of a building is heavily dictated by structural elements of the construction.
It is much easier and cheaper to find and rectify problems at the beginning of the project than the end.
According to Building Regulation Part L (England and Wales), you will require SAP calculations if any one of below applies to your project:
• Building any new build residential dwellings (Houses / Flats)
• Dividing a single residential dwelling in to more units
• Converting commercial premises into residential dwellings
• Building an extension onto a existing residential dwelling, where glazing area is in excess of 25 % of all the floor area of extension
• It determines a SAP Rating (fuel costs of the building)
• It demonstrates compliance with Part L of the building regulations.
• It is used to produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
One of our fully accredited and qualified SAP Assessor will review your plans and specifications for your project in order to produce a design stage SAP , After that they will recommend improvements to meet local energy efficiency requirements and building fabric requirements (England Only).
Once the project is completed then we will finalised the details in order to produce Ad Built SAP that can be used to produce the SAP EPC, Energy Performance Certificate.
We offer our services and expertise, and are always happy to help our customers to give them a best possible chance of achieving building compliance.
Here at EPC Certificates UK, we do offer express service for SAP calculations and Energy Performance Certificates, which means you will get your required service within 24 hours.